Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Joys of Being Sick

So I think I have had my first run in with a small bout of food poisoning. It is definitely no bueno. Although working from home is quite nice. On the brighter side of things...

The Mid Mountain Marathon is in a week and a half. I am excited for it. On Saturday I ran the second (read more difficult) half of the course. It actually wasn't too bad, except the last 6 miles or so is downhill. It killed my knees. I went for a short run on Monday and the ligaments were very sore. I am going out again tomorrow and try to ease back into things. The hard part is I have to ease fast because I really only have a week of running before the race since I'll be taking Thursday and Friday as rest days. Over the past few runs I have come to the realization that I am a slow runner. To me it seems like the time it takes me to cover certain distances is way off. I know trail running is slower than road running, but is it by that much? I am very eager to see my time at the end of the race and compare to what my estimated road marathon time would be. I ran a half road marathon in 2 hours. Am I as slow on trails as I think I am? Or am I faster? I can't believe the time discrepancies that I have experienced on trails that are of equal grade and distance. I don't know what it is.

Ah the ramblings of someone who is trying to figure something out...

No comments: