Sunday, April 05, 2009

Domestic Weekend

I've always liked to cook. Working full-time has definitely cut into the amount that I'm able to cook. With Jessica home with the two kids she has been doing most of the cooking.

The weekends are really my time to cook. Here's what I made this weekend:

  • Bread (two loaves)

  • Granola Bars

  • Chicken Biscuit Stew (Saturday's dinner)

  • Spicy Veggie Stir Fry (tonight's dinner)

  • Coffee Cake

  • Breakfast Burritos for tomorrow's breakfast (Edit - I forgot to put this in before)


I've made the coffee cake before, but it hasn't ever turned out quite right. Usually the topping is too heavy so it causes the cake to cave. I've tried putting it on afterwards but that isn't right.

This time I put it in a bigger pan and almost had the desired result:



Still caved a little near the middle, but it looks better than it ever has. Now it just needs to cool so we can eat it!

Oh yeah, Jessica likes 'domestic weekends' because she doesn't have to cook!

3 comments:

Outpost Wilderness Adventure said...

Did this start after you had kids or before? Do I have hope of getting fresh bread and coffee cake from James?????? Very nice!

Eric and Jessi said...

Chels- You can always hope! I think we should have domestic Eric every weekend :)

Eric Miller said...

This started well before we had kids. There is hope for you though. Sometimes I feel bad that Jessi does so much that I try to do extra when I can!