Monday, January 19, 2009

Ancestors

Over the last couple of years I'll get the urge to do family history or at least read up on family. It usually lasts about a day and nothing comes of it. Last year when my grandmother passed away I realized that outside of my lifetime I knew absolutely nothing about her or my grandfather. I got the urge again to learn more but never did anything about it.

The last couple of weeks I've had the urge again and this time I'm actually going to do something about it. We've recently been given the stories of Jessica's grandfather's ancestors who first came from Europe to America. It's been very interesting to read and learn about these people's stories.

Yesterday I learned that my late-grandmother and grandfather have a lot of family history documents, journals, and letters. I'm very excited to learn about my ancestors and to learn where I came from and more about my family.

No comments: