Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Best Sandwich, EVER!

The sandwich to which I am referring is the cold turkey sandwich. However, this isn't your typical cold turkey sandwich, it is THE cold turkey sandwich. The sandwich of all sandwiches.

Ordinarily one enjoys this sandwich immediately after Thanksgiving. As many of your know, we spent our Thanksgiving in Southern Utah so we didn't get to enjoy homemade Thanksgiving dinner.

Well we had a gift certificate and come coupons for a turkey and we picked one up after Thanksgiving. Since it was going to be free I got us as much turkey as I could for free and we ended up with a 21.5 lb turkey! We cooked it up right nice on Sunday and had a small Thanksgiving dinner.

The best part happened Monday for lunch, the cold turkey sandwich. I look forward to this sandwich all year long. Everyone has their own way of making the sandwich and I have to say all those ways are wrong.

There is only one way to make the cold turkey sandwich, Miracle Whip (trust me, it's essential), lots of cranberry jelly, and ample amounts of turkey.

So far I've enjoyed three cold turkey sandwiches and there are many more to enjoy. If you don't believe me that it is the best sandwich I'll make you one.

5 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Ok, make me one. You have my address, right?

Eric Miller said...

Yes we do. Although I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy the inevitably soggy sandwich that will most likely give you salmonella.

Adam Buchanan said...

tuna and jam is where its at. good all year long and even though your throwing up in your mouth right now you will be beggin' for it later.

Eric Miller said...

That is hilarious and gross at the same time.

Milly said...

mmmmmmmmm....