Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Changes at Work

My associate at work that I have worked with since moving up to the corporate office just quit his job to take a 6 month climbing road trip. We were both working on varying aspects of email marketing. What does this mean for me? Well we don't have a replacement for him, yet. So for the time being my work load is going to drastically increase. In a situation like this many people would complain. I am actually looking forward to it. It is going to challenge my organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. There are going to be many good opportunities that will present themselves.

One really great benefit of this change is that I am going to learn vast amounts of information. I am diving into projects that have been rolling for awhile and taking on projects that I haven't had anything to do with.

I will admit when I first heard about my co-worker leaving my initial reaction was negative and I wasn't looking forward to the changes. Now that I have had time to think it through I am embracing the change. It will be a great opportunity for me to excel and really prove my worth.

No comments: